Might be buying a used Gateway laptop for $150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doom10320

In Runtime
Well my friend is selling his Gateway NV78 and the hard drive on the thing is broke....which he doesnt know what kinda hard drive he should buy to replace the old one. Hes going to buy the hard drive then im going to check it out and see if it can play World of Warcraft pretty good then prolly buy it for $150

I just need to know which 500gb hard drive he should buy and replace it with thats the best and cheapest price.

This is the one i found really quick but idk if its good lol idk anything about laptop hard drives.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822152236

The Specs of the laptop are

Video Card - intel GMA 4500MHD Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0

Proc - Core 2 duo 2.0ghz T6600

Ram - 4gb

IM just going to be using this computer to play games (World of Warcraft, MapleStory, and Lineage 2)

the GMA 4500 is gonna be pretty hard pressed to play anything even at lowest settings. it'll run, but just not very nicely. but for $150 i say go for it. And it probably uses a 5400rpm 2.5" sata drive. You could drop a 7200rpm 2.5" drive in there and it'll speed things up a decent bit. I got a 500gb 7200rpm 16mb cache drive for 80 bucks which was a solid investment.

oh for real idk id bring it to my friends house and stuff id prolly have it plugged in most the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom