Memory upgrade causing problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Girevik

Solid State Member
I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and upgraded the memory this weekend. I've not had time to do a lot of playing around with it, but it seems that at least sometimes when I start it up it just seems to not do anything. The power light comes on, but not much else happens. If I hold down power to shut it off and then turn it back on it seems to work (at least so far), but I've had this happen more than once. I've also tried shutting down and restarting right away to test once and that worked fine.

Does anyone have any clue as to what could be going on here?

Take the upgraded memory out and see if the issue happens again. That will determine if the memory upgrade is causing the issue. If it is you could have a bad stick of RAM.

Do you mean just put the old memory back in? Part of my problem is that I haven't figured out how to consistently reproduce the issue with the new memory.

Correct, put the old one back in. Run with it until the problem happens again. If it doesn't happen for say 7 to 10 days and it was happening before once a day you can be almost certain the memory is the issue.

You could also run memtest on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom