I did a memory search on my notebook two different ways. One by product model and the other by a manual program scan. They produced two different results =/.
Which one do I believe:
This is product model:
# Chipset: Intel 945PM
# Maximum Memory: 2048MB
# Slots: 2 (2 banks of 1)
# Standard Memory: 512MB removable
# USB Support: 2.x Compliant
This is manual scan:
* Maximum Memory Capacity: 3145728 MB
* Currently Installed Memory: 1024 MB
* Available Memory Slots: N.A.
* Number of Banks: 2
* Dual Channel Support: N.A.
* CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
* CPU Family: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5600 @ 1.83GHz Model 15, Stepping 6
* CPU Speed: 1828 MHz
The first says it only supports up to 2GB
The second says up to 3
I want to put a 2GB module in.
Which do I believe?