Memory/ Motherboard Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

greengo1104

Beta member
Im fairly new to the forums here, been browsing for a couple weeks i think now. I have worked on desktops periodically in the past and i am fairly confident in my computer building skills. However, when it comes to laptops i feel somewhat behind. I have just spent the last hour + searching the internet for the type of motherboard that my laptop has and how much ram it is able to handle. i searched on newegg for the type and speed and see that there are sticks of 2 gig available. I know that I have 2 gigs currently, but if i could bump up to 4 i think it would be worth the 100 dollars or so. I have a HP Pavilion dv6000 series laptop, with the AMD Turion Tl-60 processor. Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

that wasnt exactly what i have, but thanks for the link, i was able to find most of the specs that i needed to know,

another question, would it be worth it to buy 2 one gig sticks, like Newegg.com - G.SKILL 1GB 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Laptop Memory Model F2-5300CL4S-1GBSA - Laptop Memory, and replacing the ones i have now??

my plan for this laptop is to do a complete hard drive wipe and install Ubuntu, the laptop will be my primary computer for probably another year or so and i want to get as much performance as i can get out of it for everyday tasks,

also, would upgrading the hard drive be worth the money, or even switching to a SSD??

thanks again,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom