Here is the info I have about my memory:

ELPIDA Singapore
EBD52UDGADSA-6B
PC-2700S-2553-O-AI
512MG 0418GE002

Replace with HP Spare
324701-0001
7F0484

Computer is HP pavillion with 1gig (2 - 512MB) of memory and I would like to upgrade to 2 gig, but don't know which type to order (# of pins) or which brand might be better.

If 4 gigs would make a noticeable difference I would be willing to do that as well.

Computer is a 3.2 gig pentium 4 with win XP Pro

I don't play games, but do have many applications open at once including autocad, dreamweaver or fireworks (to do simple updates to our company website), more than one of most of the microsoft office programs and many internet pages.

Let me know what you guys think I should get.

Thanks,

John

Thanks, where do you get 240 pin? Newegg only shows 144, 172, 200 and 214.

Is that what you think I currently have b/c I have no idea? Are the different types interchangeable?

Thanks

well i don't know what you have but im fairly sure that you can have ram with a different amount of pins. Well if they don't have 240 go with 214,its not that much of a difference. If your mother board supports it go with 800mhz

Well, I hate to keep asking so many questions, but is there anyway for me find out if my MB supports it other than to get some any try? I'd really like to be able to get the right kind the first time.

Here is what I found searching on a HP parts website I discovered.
I guess 333mhz is the limit then? Or if I get something faster will it work and just not be utilized? They are less expensive at 667 and 800mhz. 2 GB (2x1gb) is the max I have found for the 333 cards.

System board - Integrated nVidia Geforce FX Go5200 (NV34M) graphic chipset with 64MB video memory, AGP 8X bus, integrated V.90/V.92 56K data-fax modem, 10/100Base-T Ethernet LAN and support for DDR333 SDRAM memory

no it will not work, you would have to get 333mhz then. I recomend upgrading your mb to get 800mhz to 1066mhz. Are you using the computer for gaming, if so i recomend getting a new gpu as well, you don't have to get anything fancy, grab a 7900gt. Or if you want to spend a bit more go for a 8800gt

So you don't think there would be much noticeable difference upgrading with that same type? I don't play games, just use many programs at once. All the office programs, a little website updating (not creation), autocad and many web pages.

I think a new laptop MB is around $500-600 and then I would get the new ram on top of that.

I was just hoping that I could possibly upgrade some RAM and maybe upgrade to Vista and get by for another year or two.

Let me know what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom