Max Resolution Won't Work - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2010, 11:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Max Resolution Won't Work

I currently have my laptop, with an nvidia gforce 9800m graphics card, hooked up to a Vizio TV with an HDMI cable. The native/recommended resolution is 1920 x 1080, and it should be able to go that high. But for some reason, that resolution causes every edge of the screen to go about half an inch past where it should be, so everything is stretched too far. My drivers are up to date.

Lowering the resolution to 1768 x 922 makes everything appear a little fuzzy. The only way for it to look sharp/clear was by making a custom resolution at 1880 x 1010. Anything higher than that in width or length caused the image to be partially off the screen. The issue overall seems to impact some newer games, which cannot seem to fit with any resolution options within them.

If no one knows how to make the TV able to go to 1920 x 1080:
- Is there a way to force a game to load at a certain custom resolution? I know there is the way to make it load windowed, by typing in "-window -opengl" under Target for the program, so I thought there might be a resolution option as well.

Anyone have any advice?

Thank you!

Old 07-31-2010, 07:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Max Resolution Won't Work

There should be a setting in your TV to fix that. It is not your laptop's fault. I'm not familiar with Vizio.
__________________ Steam Account
Closed Thread