Making Small/Medium Upgrade to play some games better on my FX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfalz

Solid State Member
A friend recommended I post here about questions that I have when it comes to some upgrade options for my Laptop.

These are my computers specs :
?????????????????????????

Now im very limited with knowledge when it comes to what I can put in this guy, but ive been told that the Vid card and Processors are easily swapped. What I would like to do is get a graphics card with some more GPU, and possibly a small upgrade with my processors(if necessary). My friend did recommend a GeForce GTX 200 series (GTX 280M looks good to me if i can put it in). So what im asking is if I could put those in my laptop, and if not if i could get some recommendations.

As far as spending Im not really worried, but i dont want to go too far off the top not because of money but more of setting my laptop aflame... The processors ive been told were good, but looking into maybe a teeny upgrade. My ram is good IMO and others so I believe we can let that be. As far as heating problems with getting newer parts, i run games on decently high settings and play for several hours using a nice cooling pad on a flat surface with no heat from the bottom with my current parts. This has led me to believe this laptop has a nice air circulation combined with a nice air flow from my cooling pad. Thanks in the meantime for your input guys :)

On a final note as far as overclocking, i probably wont do anything to crazy because I just would build a desktop. What i want to play on my laptop is Aion and some FPS games with a higher boost on the settings. All in all i run Aion great in 1900x1028 with high settings but I just feel i need a slight boost on GPU to keep that solid framerate and push a few things higher. I could use some input on Undervolting, and if it works like people claim it does, Id love to consider the possible upgrade on my processors more in detail.

laptops are very limited as to what you can upgrade easily.

ram is the only easy upgrade and you have 4gb already so no need there.

You will have a locked bios most likely which will rule out overclocking not to mention heat issues with a laptop.

Save your money and build a desktop for gaming.

That much i do know and plan to do, but as far as school and my mobile situation i want to upgrade my laptop first for its convenience. I know its hardly mobile at its weight, but its easier to haul a laptop and a pad then a whole desktop. Im not asking for super parts, I just want suggestions as to what can be swapped.

Welcome to the forums Darkfalz... (One of my Aion friends)... Hef is right about saving up for a desktop but for now we need to find you a video card upgrade... I am familiar with desktop stuff but I don't even know where to begin with notebook stuff...

Where would be a good place to look for Nvidia 200 series video card notebook stuff?

What all can you swap out?

Nope it is integrated. There are very few laptops that have the ability to swap the gpu. some of the ailenwares let you a few years back.

Ahh ok well that answers everything... I would recommend turning your resolution down and see if that helps with FPS... also just play with the settings in game and see what you can come up with...

Yeah Hef my Alienware from like 06' allowed me to swap out the video cards.... they had SLI lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom