MacBook price drop????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcovalt

In Runtime
Do you think the normal MacBook's price will go down in result of the introduction to the MacBook Air? I have been saving up for a MacBook and am not so crazy about the Air, so a price drop would be great. Also, should I go with a MacBook or will I be better off spending my $1,000 on another laptop? Thanks in advance.

Mainly MacBook stuff like garage band and what not. I do own a gaming machine so that is not much of a priority. I did see a sick Gateway the other day (I actually think you posted it) the P-6831FX and then I started thinking of gaming and was very tempted. But then I went back to the whole portable productivity thing. So that's what I am in the market for. I guess...

what sorta games? i doubt mac will drop thier prices :p they'll just make the air more expensive :p macs are used as business computers and stuff like that so they aint designed with gaming and stuff in mind, where as a windows pc, though not as efficient and has more problems, its cheaper and all round compatible :p and don't buy a new pc for gaming :p u'll get bored of games and then ur expensive high stat pc is a waste, buy for schooling or work, considering ur 15, i'd say buy one that u will use even after ur gaming faze fades :p i built my pc for gaming, i dont use it :p not for gaming, just talkin to mates and fixing other pc's now, so most the stats are never used, i would have saved alot of money if i had've built for what i do now instead of building for gaming :p but in the end my word has no say and its your choice, either way, enjoy it :) and mac are good, they work, where as windows is always having random parts fail and need re installation :p but yeah, get one you are happy with, not what people on the net recommend :p after all, you the one using it, not us :)

Have fun with your new PC/Mac

Vincent-Valentine

Mac wont drop the prices on the mac book's any time soon, if your looking for a cheep one look for a apple shop an ask about there refurbished ones.

No problem.

An Opensuse is ok as long as it's not the 64 bit version I am having problems with it an java.

Well, I switched from ubuntu to opensuse not too long ago (32-bit) and liked it quite a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom