Looking for Wacom Touch Screen Tablet - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2011, 12:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Looking for Wacom Touch Screen Tablet

So years ago I saw the HP TX2510us model and fell in love with it. Even through the overheating and wifi card problems, I was willing to dish out the money and get one...

then life kicked me, hard, and I couldn't afford it.

Now.. I have a little breeze money again. But years have passed, and to a computer, that means a whole new evolutionary phase.

What's out there that is decent and affordable?
I've been seeing ebay sales for the 2510us model for as low as $350 with shipping, I missed out on that deal though by like 1 hour (stupid work!)

What I need it for:
Sketching/Drawing (main reason)
3D sculpting (more drawing programs)
Possible a little gaming (minecraft, maybe some other things like wow-ish, nothing super "high tech')
general surfing (under Wireless N speeds, so N is needed)
Touch screen with wacom (because I did my research and wacom is amazing, but a basic pressure-sensitive pen/eraser will work)
Movies (DVD)

Would love it to have 2GHz, 3+GB ram, 100+GB HDD, and a graphics card capible of handling some of the advance pixel shading and such (for graphic reasons, not game reasons)

The TX2510us had this:
Newegg.com - HP Pavilion tx2510us Tablet PC AMD Turion X2 Ultra ZM-80(2.10GHz) 12.1" Wide XGA 3GB Memory 250GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Radeon HD 3200

Plus what's not listed is it's pressure sensitive, wacom digitizer,which is the most imporant part.

So... help me find something like it? Or maybe another one of it for el'cheapo?

Really don't have much 'fun money' but could afford the $350 range with help (borrowed some until payday, so I could buyitnow, only to miss the plane by like an hour)
I know the pens alone are like $35 to replace which is a pain, the media remote isn't really needed (and only like $12 to replace if later I decide I need one) biggest thing is the screen being scratch free and the casing not falling apart. (outer shell can be scuffed and damaged, just not exposing internals)

Windows 7 64bit
CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67Ghz (Stock)
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 4890 XXX Edition@ 900Mhz (Stock)
Ram: OCZ Platinum 6GB DDR3 1600 Triple Channel (Stock)
Mobo: ASUS P6T Deluxe
PSU: Corsair TX750W
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache (ST31000333AS)
Cooler Master HAF 932
Old 07-29-2011, 01:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Looking for Wacom Touch Screen Tablet

I use a tablet brand called Trust, it cost me 60 and is brilliant, so Wacom isn't the only brand you can go for, there are other less expensive brands you can get brand new and function just as good!
Closed Thread