Looking for Non-Mac laptop for 3D Design

John Calm

Baseband Member
Sup guys, I was hoping someone could help me find a good laptop Im needing. Its meant for 3D design, this includes running software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Rhino, AutoCad, and others.

I understand Mac runs these smoothly, but Im not a fan of Mac system.

Regarding price, Im ready to pay the cost if its worth it.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Post a budget of what you're wanting to spend.

Going to be doing anything other than those applications listed such as gaming or anything like that?

Post a budget of what you're wanting to spend.

Going to be doing anything other than those applications listed such as gaming or anything like that?

Probably, I just need a powerful laptop to carry around. Im looking for smothing small and light, but yet fast and powerful, having various of these applications open and performing 3D shaping and texture operations consume quite a lot, and it needs to run smoothly.

I mostly will use this to work, but I believe using these applications is equally to playing a game, or am I wrong?

Anyways, gaming laptops mean power, high ram and memory, thats what it needs to run thise applications smoothly, kinda what Im looking for.

Budget: I have decided I will spend what it costs, if the laptop im looking for, powerful, fast, but light and small is expensive, so be it

You'll probably find that "small and light" will be difficult to match with "fast and powerful" when dealing with high end laptops.

Here's what I would get: Notebooks & Ultrabooks | ASUS ROG G751JY | ASUS USA

Built for gaming, sure, but would be more than adequate to handle your current needs.

Thanks for the recommendation!

I thought that was the selling point for laptops, portable (small and light) but powerful, such as gaming anywhere, from a bar to the train lets say.

Maybe thats why everyone is buying macs...

A Mac won't have the horsepower that the ROG does. Asus's ROG, MSI's GT, etc. lines are all geared towards gaming. They're all fairly large, but that's to accommodate the large fans to keep them nice and cool during gaming (which puts out tons and tons of heat).

Look into MSI's GS (Ghost Pro) and GP (Leopard) series laptops for something that's thin/light but still decently powered.

You may also want to look into Lenovo's IdeaPad workstation laptops which are geared towards business-style use rather than gaming (but still have some decent horsepower in them).

Might as well just get a really high end Asus or MSI and a quality backpack for that much...

That's what I was thinking as well - 4k IMO isn't really necessary. can be nice, sure - but on that small of a display it may actually be a hinderance rather than a benefit, especially while working.

Back
Top Bottom