Looking for a new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDiceman

Space Ninja Pirate
I have not personally owned a laptop for a few years now and am finally in the market for a new one. Now I am no idiot when it comes to shopping of for hardware and I know what I am looking for. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of laptops they own/have used that fit my needs.

Wants:
Screen size: not important, although smaller is somewhat preferred.
Processor: dual core at least 2.0
RAM: 2 gigs (more or less a standard nowadays)
HDD: Any size will do, I can always replaced it with what I have on hand
Battery: I need an average of 3 hours from regular use (Office, music and internet)
Video: Anything better than Intel integrated, dedicated memory would be a huge plus.
Price: Under $1000 including any shipping I may have to pay (since I am more prone to buying online)

Currently I have been considering one of several Lenovo laptops as I work on them at my job and love the build quality.

HP's could easily suite your needs and price. Although, for the most bang for your buck, check Acer. Some will say they are cheaply made, while others will swear on their reliability. I happen to have 35-Acer Extensa 4620 machines that have performed very well!

I have got to know that recently there is price drop for the Dell XPS M1530, Dell XPS M1530 2.0GHz 3GB 250GB 15.4in is only $949, with Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 , 2.0 MP Camera and 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, seems qutie nice price, you can have a look at that.

if you don't mind piecing one together I'd recommend going to
rjtech.com
pick a barebone and add parts or buy from new or something. The good thing about that site is the prices are actually very close. They are not jacked up at all. They carry Asus,Clevo,OCZ,MSI, and Compal. You can build one pretty cheap or cheaper I should say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom