Looking for a laptop with dedicated graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still looking :\

How will an i3-370 and a Mobility Radeon HD 5470 run games at 1366x768? I'm seeing a lot of systems with that combo available, one had a good price (HP Though)

you'll be fine with the old need for speed games but I wouldn't expect anything but low-mid on any of the other games, and definitely low on gta4. the 5470 is a very low powered card, similar in performance to the 550v so don't expect anything great from it. also the i3 is a nice cpu but not super fast by any means.

they're not bad in my experience. I've never had problems with them, and I haven't seen evidence to suspect that they're worse quality than like a dell or any other major brand.

When I was working at college, my internship with the tech team, we got a lot of HP laptops in, more than any other brand. The choice is yours, but that's just my opinion.

hp has the largest notebook market share, so it would make sense that you see more of them in.

It come down to personal preference, opinions will differ based on usage, and percentages and statistics. It's just like buying a car, the parts are made from all different kinds of manufacturers from all over the world, so the quality of the product when it goes through QA will be relatively similar when compared to a similarly specced product. No manufacturer has any major catastrophic failures in hardware that will potentially plague a laptop you've bought. They've all got a warranty, if you use it within acceptable means you shouldn't have a problem, if you do that's why there's a warranty. You can get extended warranty's that cover more if you so choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom