Looking for a laptop with dedicated graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningSkyline

In Runtime
I've been searching for a laptop that has dedicated graphics, but it is hard to do so when you are in a $650-750 ABSOLUTE MAX price range, and want a 14.1-16" laptop. (preferably 15.6") Does Anybody have suggestions? :p

no i just did a basic newegg search for laptops under 750 with a dedicated card. and when i say the 550v is super slow in comparison, i mean super slow. it's on par with a 8600m gt, and a decent bit slower than my 9600m gt which can play modern titles like assassins creed 2, for example, on low settings at 40fps ish. less in fight scenes. If you're gonna spend money on a laptop with a dedicated card spend a bit more than the i3 and 550v and get something that can actually play games speedily with decent quality.

Or take 600 and build a desktop if you have that option, the power you'll get from a $600 desktop far outstrips what you'll be able to get in a laptop.

It will only be used for lower end games so it isn't a big deal. I just want a computer I can move around the house. If I can get the money I will build a i5-2500k and GTX 560 system instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom