Looking for a Laptop for a college student

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr DMoney

In Runtime
I am looking a computer for my step mom who is going back to school. She will be using the internet, and word processor only. I know that this doesn't require much processing power, but I would like to pick her up a computer that has great performance, so it will last for year. I am looking for a computer that will upgrade to Windows 7 Free or waiting until Windows 7 is already out. So Oct 22nd or so I will be looking buy.

I want great battery life.
Large res on a 14-16in screen.
Processor should have atleast 3mb of L2 cache. I want this computer to have a great processor.
She won't be playing much games, so a interrogated GPU should be fine.
4gb ram
64bit os
$800 price point

I will talk to her about maybe making a bigger budget and going after the i7-720, because it will fly years to come. What should I get her.

Go to Dell or HP, etc....browse their latops. Then customize it the way you want it and you should get one for about or under $800. I just went to Dell and customized one for $724 but it doesn't show up on here

It had 4GB Ram, 3MB L2 Cache, Windows 7 upgrade, Integrated VC

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

If you can get her to up her budget you can get her a thinkpad they have some great student offers on, and she will get a machine that will last as they REALLY design them well just look for the legends of thinkpad vid and that was back around 2002.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom