Looking for laptop around $600

i5 Has 4 cores. It's not "fake".

I have HD3000 on mine. Yes, it has integrated video, but it is better than the previous Intel ones. I play minecraft on my laptop. I also watch movies. You will be fine.

Ah ok I see what happened. On Newegg the description must be for the i3 model "So Aspire AS5750-2434G64Mikk notebook packs an Intel dual-core, four-thread i3-2350M processor". That's what confused me, thanks for clearing it up. :)

Ok it should be fine then. :thumbsup:

as set up setup as you're not gonna be doing any heavy gaming or anything super heavy duty you should be fine.

multiple threads mean that that is how many threads there are any core, so 4 threads in means that there are four threads in each of the two cores. Traditionally intel takes an approach with more threads in a core and less cores and AMD takes an approach with less threads per core, but more cores. That line is kind of blurring lately though.

Last edited:
Samsung Laptops/Netbooks are also as reliable as Lenovo's, I have a Netbook and never had any issues yet, been using it for almost 2 yrs now.

Well last night Dad was trying to get me to come down to help him and my sister decide on a laptop (they had seen this thread). I had to shower first and by the time I got downstairs they had ordered an HP Pavillion dv6 (i think, not sure on the model). I facepalmed for about 5 minutes then told him to cancel the order.

Then I showed him the one MoM had linked and told him to get that one and he did. So thanks MoM and everyone else for helping. :) I'll try to let you know how it works out. :)

She's had it for a week now and loves it.

But......... On the first day she got a virus and I had to clean it off. It was very annoying and a pain. I told her to wait until I got home so I could install MSE but she didn't wait and it didn't install right and she did notice and then she downloaded something the had a virus. It would shut down the computer in 1 min after turning it on. I eventually had to take the HDD out and scan/clean it with my computer and then had to do a restore point too because it had disabled the firewall and security center. But it's all fixed now! :)

So thanks again MoM and everyone else that helped. :)

I personally like acer laptops especially their new v3 line. I actually have a video review over the one i bought for $600.

They are very well built laptops and offer great performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom