Looking for laptop around $600

fairfieldfalconsfan

In Runtime
My sister wants a new laptop. The one she is using now is a Sony Vaio (1.4 GHZ, 2 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD) so she is very due for an upgrade. She will be using it mostly for web-browsing (including lots of Youtube), documents, videos, streaming/listening to music, light gaming, and maybe some light video converting.

She is willing to spend about $600 and she was looking at Toshibas (I think they are good?) because my bro has one and she likes his.

I think as far as specs she would need at least 4-6 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, CPU i'm not so sure about. Maybe a quad-core that can downclock to 2-cores when its not being used a lot?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hello there...

I'm a big fan of Lenovo, an i5 processor or higher is recommendable, their laptops are very reliable and sturdy.

I am also big fan of lenovo and i am still using lenovo thinkpad.its really awesome and also serve me well.if you want you can buy it.

Thanks everyone for the help.

My uncle & my cousin use Lenovos also and they like them but I feel like they are more for work/business then just casual/entertainment but that my be just me thinking of the older ones.

Also my sister doesn't mind having a bigger screen (she's not carrying it around all the time). She was looking at a 17.3" screen earlier so that's not a big deal.

Toshiba is good, but IMO, ASUS or Acer is a tad better quality.

I would recommend this: Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AS5750-2434G64Mikk 15.6' LED Notebook - Intel Core i5 i5-2430M 2.40 GHz - Black

I have the i3 version of this model. I love it.

Thanks. That looks really good. :) The specs are about what I was expecting to get for the price range.

As far as the CPU it's a 2 core with the ability to have 4 "fake" cores right? That's what the 4 threads means?

What about GPU on that one? It says "HD 3000" which from just a quick search is a shared memory one? Would she be able to do light gaming & watch HD movies with that? I'm sure sure how often HD movies would be an issue but it might be.

i5 Has 4 cores. It's not "fake".

I have HD3000 on mine. Yes, it has integrated video, but it is better than the previous Intel ones. I play minecraft on my laptop. I also watch movies. You will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom