Looking for a good gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a MacBook be lighter than the Toshiba that Skorpian posted? My school gives us MacBooks to use and they don't seem to heavy.

Well, I don't really mind getting a smaller laptop than 15", just no bigger, so I can take it to class.

If you want something to carry to class the smaller the laptop the better. I stated out using a 14" Compaq laptop for college but after 3 months I ended up replacing it with a 10" netbook which I have used for the past two years without any problems. Needless to say I have been much happier with the 10" system since it's not a pain to carry around.

The Alienware M11x is particularity good because in addition to offering good performance and being tiny it also has great battery life. A couple of other good options are the HP Envy 14 and the Asus U30JC.

Newegg.com - ASUS U30 Series U30JC-B1 NoteBook Intel Core i3 370M(2.40GHz) 13.3" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 320GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 310M+Intel GMA HD

HP ENVY 14 series | HP® Official Store

The gpu in the Asus is on the weaker end of the spectrum however it has great battery life while the HP has a much faster gpu but also has much shorter battery life.

I'm using my 13" MacBook from school and I think this might be the best size for me to get or possibly a little smaller. The thing about the M11x though, is the price.

Can you post the straight web address for the HP, because apmebf.com is categorized as security.virus on my school MacBook

woops..

h ttp://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=notebooks&a1=Category&v1=ENVY&series_name=ENVY14_series&jumpid=in_R329_prodexp/hhoslp/psg/notebooks/ENVY/ENVY14_series&aoid=35252

Can you post the straight web address for the HP, because apmebf.com is categorized as security.virus on my school MacBook

That's odd. As far as I can tell that is a direct link to the HP official site. If you search Google for "Envy 14" without the quotes the first result should be the right place though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom