Looking for an Affordable Gaming Laptop. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptonjalken

Beta member
Ok well, I started a part/full-time job recently and im going to be buying a computer by the end of the summer hopefully. Im aiming for something at tops around 2200dollars (tax included) Im willing to push it a bit if its a must.. I live in Canada so remember that. A Canadian dealer would help me too.

I want something good thats going to play all the games for now, but i dont want one of these superlaptops that are like 6000$ and just a waste of cash.

I dont really mind if the laptop has low ram, as i dont mind buying some since ill probably up it to 2x2gb ram afterwards. As long as it has a alright processor and a good gfx card.

The processor i was hoping for as AMD Turion X2 but if Intel is a must for the good gfx card then i geuss so.

Help is appreciated.

Graphics are the single most important thing here. Don't go for anything les than an x1600 or geforce 7600 if you really want to play games well. I don't know much about buying in Canada besides Tigerdirect.ca and they didn't seem to have much in the way of gaming laptops.

I'm probly gona get killed for saying this but... how about a dual boot macbook pro? got a c2d and 8600gt. also comes standard with 2gb memory.

I'm probly gona get killed for saying this but... how about a dual boot macbook pro? got a c2d and 8600gt. also comes standard with 2gb memory.

My friend duelboots windows on his Macbook, He still needed Crossover (A program that lets you play Windows Only games), And even then Crossover costs £30, about 60$. :eek:

that macbook is a good deal, good graphics, and its sleek. Ok a little pricey, but meh the build quality is better than a dell's.

PLZ DONT KILL ME

Asus makes a nice 15" and 17" notebook with a x1700 (yes, it does exist, just rare) that can take quite the beating game wise. One of the people I work with has the 17" one and I think he paid just shy of the $2k mark. You can find them on newegg.

EDIT: Newegg.com - ASUS F3 Series F3JP-AS096C NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T7200(2.00GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA+ 1GB DDR2 667 160GB 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon X1700 - Retail 15" version. I also see a DX 10 Asus with a 2500 mobility if you happen to want that option.

Asus makes a nice 15" and 17" notebook with a x1700 (yes, it does exist, just rare) that can take quite the beating game wise. One of the people I work with has the 17" one and I think he paid just shy of the $2k mark. You can find them on newegg.

EDIT: Newegg.com - ASUS F3 Series F3JP-AS096C NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T7200(2.00GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA+ 1GB DDR2 667 160GB 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon X1700 - Retail 15" version. I also see a DX 10 Asus with a 2500 mobility if you happen to want that option.

Hmm those dont look bad.

256MB VRAM, up to 512MB Hyper Memory

Does this mean its a card with 512MB Memory, but only 256MB is dedicated to graphics and the other 256 is shared?

Newegg.com - ASUS G Series G1-AK024C NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T7200(2.00GHz) 15.4" Wide SXGA+ 2GB DDR2 667 160GB 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce Go 7700 - Retail
-Wouldnt this be better for gaming? few extra hundred but the graphics card is better, no?
(i dunno im a noob)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom