Little problems with my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorpian

In Runtime
Hi I have little problems with my laptop ( It's an unknown model, Daewoo DB-4108S )
1-I can't find touchpad drivers for it, the drivers CD said use native drivers, but it registers at PS/2 compatible mouse in device manager, and only moves, but no scroll pad and I also want to prevent clicking by tapping on the touchpad as I randomly do that and it's annoying!
2-I have problem of laptop randomly shutting down if both battery and charger are plugged in. I went to a shop, and they said it was charger, it's unoriginal, get a toshiba original charger.
Luckily my cousin had an exact same charger in specs, I tried it but it randomly turns off.
So it's now down to either battery or a shortened motherboard ( I guess ).
But instead, I just wanted to know if it was possible to disable battery via an application so that I can safely plug in the charger when I want to without removing the battery.
Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Was it you or someone else that posted this exact same problem?

Daewoo drivers are long gone. That has to be a bad connection on the motherboard. I don't think a new battery will fix it, but who knows..

Was it you or someone else that posted this exact same problem?
Me lol but I couldn't find the thread ( possibly not deleted, but my history was cleaned and I looked in pages but I just didn't find it )
Hmm, how can this bad connnection be fixed? Like motherboard replacement?
Also, is there an app to auto-detect and download drivers for laptops
Sorry but I don't understand what you mean with " Daewoo drivers are long gone ".

I looked high and low for your drivers you mentioned before, nada, nill, zip. long gone is bye-bye.

you would need a new laptop unless you know where every wire goes and a good solder gun.

Sad to know. So, is there a way to actually disable the battery without removing it from the laptop? I know this is kinda weird but, is there a software to disable the battery?
Thanks!

Oh even if there was in bios, I would've like a quick one from windows. Thanks for all of your help!
So it's down to this :
1-How to fix bad connection on motherboard?
2-How to find drivers for a touchpad which I don't know what brand it is or anything about it!

Hmmm, just a thought, why do you think it's the motherboard and not possibly the battery? Since it works 100% with the charger alone it *might* be just the battery and not the motherboard. I'll try to find a similar battery to mines to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom