So, I'm looking into replacing my netbook with a lightweight laptop - I like my netbook, but it's just not powerful enough to do some of the stuff I want to (like, despite having a 720p screen it can't play 720p video, and it actually struggles on YouTube 360p, too...). So, I'm going to sell my netbook to put towards getting said lightweight laptop.
What I need is help finding a good one at the right price - budget is £500
(USD$650) maximum at the moment, but if it's really worth it, I could stretch that to £600 (and that really is the maximum).
Mostly using it for school (and eventually uni), which I've found needs a little more power than a netbook for, and just general surfing and such.
I'm not especially interested in good specs, but to be more specific:
- Anything better than a low-spec Atom and GMA500 graphics (the worst imaginable). I've been looking at low-spec i3s and Pentium CULVs.
- I'm hoping for at least six hours battery life (most I've been looking at quote 8.5 hours)
- Size, 14" maximum. My netbook is 11.6", and I should say that's the minimum.
- Screen, I'm not too bothered about the screen quality, my netbook's is abysmal so I'm used to using a crap screen :P
- RAM, 2GB minimum, I can always upgrade it to more if I find I need to. My netbook has 2GB and that's never been a problem.
- HDD, really not bothered. My netbook has 250GB and I've barely used half of it (and only about 30GB of that is actually necessary, the rest is random video and such).
The only ones I really know of are the lightweight Toshibas (hence me needing help :P), been looking at these two:
Satellite T230-12Q - Product Specifications - Toshiba
Satellite Pro L630-124 - Product Specifications - Toshiba
If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks,