Lenovo Yoga 11S or Yoga 2 11?

zmd120

Beta member
Hi, just a quick question. There are 2 lenovo yoga convertible ultrabooks, and both are 11.6 inches. I was wondering which to get. Yoga 11s was my initial decision, it used to be around £700 or something but is now £550. It has 3229y i3 3rd gen processor with SSD. Yoga 2 starts from £500 and is £500 right now as well (£50 less) and has Bay Trail Pentium N3520 with HDD. I have the cash to buy either one, but I would just like clarification on which would be better to buy.

Both say they last for 6hrs but I was hoping Yoga 2 would last longer since it was bay trail. There are extremely rare versions of Yoga 11s with Haswell 4020y processer, and I'm trying to get those but may not be able to.

I was looking for battery life, but also some power. I use apps like Photoshop for work, so I would need to be able to run that with good speed. At the same time I really want good battery life. Both currently are said to run for 6hrs, and therefore is there really a point in buying the Yoga 2?

If the Yoga 2 is fast enough, or is good in battery life I may as well jsut get that (will save £50 too.) But I just care about being able to run PPhotoshop and also being able to have the battery last for longer.

Also, will I be able to extend the battery life by tweaking the CPU max power etc in power management? would it make a difference do you suppose. Thanks a lot!

Yoga 11s would get my vote, just because of the fact it has an i3 over a Pentium (budget line), and an SSD.

Back
Top Bottom