Lenovo T61 screen issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

canooten

In Runtime
My laptop has suddenly developed a screen issue. Out of the blue one day I noticed the bottom of my screen start to fade to white up the screen. While this would happen, the screen would become unresponsive. The computer was still working behind the scenes, just the display was messing up.
Over a day or so, it stopped the fade to white issue and just started freezing up with white horizontal lines across the screen.
I can get it to work by adjusting the lid to a different angle or pressing in on the back of the lid. Once it's in a good position the computer works perfectly, I just can't adjust the screen in any way. Slight movement (from typing etc) does not make a difference, but actually moving the lid freezes is up. Otherwise the display is perfect.

Not sure if a video of the issue would help.....I will upload and edit with link in a minute.....

Here we go -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PLAuH6H4Cs

External output is fine, so the problem is definitely in the display.

I was finally able to fully remove the LCD panel and check the ribbon cable connection. It seemed tight to begin with....the tape that holds the connection was intact, but I removed it anyway and reseated all connections. The problem is still there and has gotten worse over the last several weeks.

Should I assume that the issue is the ribbon cable itself? The panel seems fine....once I finagle it into the right position it works great. Getting there involves pressing near where the cable connects to the panel and setting the screen at a just-so angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom