Lenovo t400 able to play starfract 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bling bling boy

Beta member
Hi,

I am looking to buy a Lenovo T400 laptop right now to use for school and play Warcraft 3 and soon Starcraft 2. The specs. for SC2 isnt out yet, but i think you can guess/"Ball-park" the requirements from the gameplay footage. Below are the specs. for the t400 im buying and wc3 recommended requirement. Can the t400 play wc3 with moderate-high settings easily? do you expect it to play sc2 in the same respect? thanks.

Lenovo ThinkPad T400
Display Type: WXGA+ TFT LCD
Maximum Resolution: 1440 x 900
Memory Type: DDR3
Memory Size: 2GB
Memory Speed: PC3-8500
HDD/SSD Drives Included: 1x 160GB
Hard Drive Speed: 7200 RPM
Operating Systems: Windows Vista Business
Processor Brand: Intel
Processor Class: Core 2 Duo
Processor Type: Dual-Core
Processor Speed: 2.53GHz
Processor Number: T9400
Processor FSB: 1066MHz
Processor Cache: 6MB L2 Cache
Additional Technologies: Intel Centrino 2 Mobile Technology
Graphics Description: Dedicated Graphics
GPU/VPU: ATIâ„¢ Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 3470
Video Memory: 256MB

WarCraft III
600 MHz processor or better
256 MB of RAM
32 MB 3D Video card

*Note* my previous laptop was a sony vaio VGN-NR160E/T (2Ghz, 4gb ram, Mobile Intel 965GM) and the laptop started going downhill after I installed wc3. Tech from computer store said vid card was fried.

Any reason why Lenovo T series. From my experience, they are rather expensive. However they are still a good laptop.

How much you paying this this one?

Re: Lenovo t400 able to play starcraft 2

It weights 5.2 pounds with 9 cell battery (Approx. 9 hours), web cam, bluetooth, all the good stuff. it will cost me about $850. I like to have a well rounded laptop to use for a atleast 2.5 years.

well the 3470 is not a good gaming card at all. it might just barley play it, but on lowest settings.

Accroding to http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/laptop-graphics-cards-ranking-list-165525/ it's a Class 3 Low-Medrange Graphics Card
Class 3 Low-Midrange Graphics Cards
Lower end of Graphics Cards for users who want to play games. New games should run on these cards, but only with decreased details and mediocre resolution.

If gaming is a priority, the I would be sticking at least with Class 2 Midrange Graphics Cards. The other thing to keep in mind that video cards do get out dated. And it not like you can replace a graphic card in a laptop like you can in a desktop.

I looked up a few class 2 graphic cards and they are on laptops thats $1000+, 7lbs+ and 17 inch and about 3 hours of battery. So would you say that theres no such thing as an thin/portable laptop with long battery that can run wc3?

Here are some suggestions:

Newegg.com - MSI GX630-028US NoteBook AMD Athlon X2 QL-62(2.00GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 4GB Memory 250GB HDD DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT - Laptops / Notebooks

Newegg.com - HP Pavilion dv6-1268nr NoteBook AMD Turion X2 Ultra ZM-82(2.20GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 - Laptops / Notebooks

very hard to find a good graphics proccesor in small laptops, as they produce greater amounts of heat and its harder to keep them cool.

These systems arent overly large and have great graphics chips for the price. You might want the msi over the Hp as its smaller, lighter, and a better deal.

If you still want lenovo, here one with the GT 130M:
Newegg.com - lenovo IdeaPad Y550 (41865BU) NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T6500(2.10GHz) 15.6" Wide XGA 4GB Memory 320GB HDD 5400rpm Dual layer DVD Burner NVIDIA GeForce GT 130M - Laptops / Notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom