Lenovo Laptop - Blinking

Aaron_B

Baseband Member
Hi everyone,

My apprentice is trying to help his significant other out with her laptop and I am having the hardest time figuring this out myself. Her laptop is appearing to be power light blinking at a slowed pace. The laptop can be plugged in, unplugged, doesn't matter, does it regardless until the battery dies or she holds the power button to force the shut down. The problem is, when she gets the computer powered on again, the computer doesn't act properly. I know I am being vague, but I don't have the computer in front of me. The only time I had the computer in my hands, was a few weeks ago when I ran a PC-Doctor USB diagnostic tool from my business and found nothing wrong with the hardware. I am leaning more towards a setting somewhere, but my apprentice swears he checked all of it.

Has anyone encountered this before? The next thing I am thinking of throwing on the table is to do a CMOS reset, but I haven't had time to grab the laptop from her and take it apart to do so.

Laptop: Lenovo Flex 2-15 20405 specifications | Hardware.Info United States

Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Thanks!

Slow power light blinking is normally the laptop in sleep or hibernation. You havent said if the screen is blank, or computer is working but with a slow flashing light..?

When the power button is blinking, there hasn't been a way to turn the laptop on. So no screen visual at all. Only methods we've found it to let the laptop battery die out, or force the shut down and hope it comes back up normally (which is how I got the diagnostics to run a few weeks ago)

When the power button is blinking, there hasn't been a way to turn the laptop on. So no screen visual at all. Only methods we've found it to let the laptop battery die out, or force the shut down and hope it comes back up normally (which is how I got the diagnostics to run a few weeks ago)

Ok, so your putting the laptop to sleep/ hibernate? or you leaving it idle and it goes to sleep? or you using the laptop and it randomly blacks out and you notice the blinking light?

Ok, so your putting the laptop to sleep/ hibernate? or you leaving it idle and it goes to sleep? or you using the laptop and it randomly blacks out and you notice the blinking light?

He's saying that it randomly blacks out and then the blinking starts. I asked if it's mid use or idle and he said randomly - so both.

We've also run virus scans to no avail. Forgot to mention that.

Forgot to post the resolution - there was something internally wrong. Had to go back to factory for their technicians to replace the mobo.

Back
Top Bottom