Lenovo G780 questions

xerolen

In Runtime
Ok I have a few questions about the lenovo G780 found here

I ordered one and it comes Monday but as I sit here I started wondering some things.

1. Does it have intel WiDi?
2. I was talking to someone and they said it had multiple HDD bays but I doubted it. Just wondering if that is true.
3. Anyone know what Blu-Ray internal drives will fit within it?
4. Does it contain 2x 2gb Ram sticks or 1x 4gb Ram Stick?
5. Which 2x 4gb Ram sticks would you suggest to get to 8gb(Max Ram)?
6. Last question any idea if it has an EFI bios?

These aren't pressing questions just things that have popped into my mind. Such as How is everyone today?

edit: Read an article online that someone upgraded it to 16gb of Ram and it recognized all 16gb. Any idea if this model is capable?

Last edited:
1.What is WiDI?
2. no
3. it includes a blu-ray disc drive
4. It would hold 1 4GB chip
5. two sticks of the same capacity
6. It does have UEFI bios

No, its only capable of 8GB RAM

1. WiDi---Intel Wireless Display
2. Ok
3. No it only has a DVD-RW Drive.
4. I found out it has 1 4Gb Stick already and it has room for a second.
5. I was saying any suggestions for a specific company or stick?
6. ok

You can push computers past their limits with the right settings.

Why Do I feel you didn't even look at the link? There are multiple G780 subtypes.

Exactly it has multiple sub types so why order a lower end model?
Order what you want in the laptop instead of making a pointless thread.

1. Your being an *******
2. All it will be is a media laptop. I wanted something with good battery, 17" screen, full keyboard plenty of ram and expandability. That's what I got. I'm sorry I'm not made of money if I was I would have bought a $7000 high end gaming desktop replacement laptop.
3. This forum is supposed to be about helping people not criticizing their choices so you might wanna re-examine where you stand because all I see is whiny privledged ******* who thinks just because someone bought a Lowend system they are an idiot. Now kindly **** off.

1. It has the Pentium 2020M, which doesn't have WiDi on its spec list

2. Already been answered

3. The above post is wrong, it does not have a Blu-ray drive, it has a standard DVD-RW. If you just search "laptop blu-ray drive internal" you should find what you're looking for - nowadays it's 99% likely to be using SATA, so look for a SATA one.

4. It tells you in the Memory section on the Newegg specs ("Details") page. It includes 1 stick of 4GB and therefore with its max of 8GB can take one more stick of 4GB.

5. Any 4GB laptop DDR3 stick of the same or lower frequency will definitely work. You'll have to take the including stick out to read the sticker to find out what frequency it has already (though a good bet is 1333MHz).

6. Already answered.

3. Is it possible to change the cover so it doesn't look like I'm missing part of my laptop when I put the Blu-Ray drive in?

5. I was asking if anyone had any suggestions for a specific company they thought was reliable or what now.

Thank you Yami for actually being helpful.

3. The cover is usually interchangeable. You take it off the DVD drive and put it on the BD-R drive.

5. They're all fine tbh. Any bad brands died out years ago.

Back
Top Bottom