lcd backlight not coming on but inverter and ccfl arent the fault ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD_Rules

Baseband Member
hi im trying to fix three laptops that seems to have the same problem all working except wont light up the lcd backlight. i have 2 advent one works one doesnt so i sit them side by side and let the one that works power the one the doesnt lcd backlight and everything woprks fine so it cant be a broken ccfl bulb or inverter as the inverter came from the laptop that doesnt work and i've tested the cable and its fine aswell i think i may have shorted something but surely i couldnt have done this on three machines

Please wait 24 hours before posting again. Also, use proper punctuation, and you'll get help a lot faster.

Hi, I'm trying to fix three laptops that seem to have the same problem.
All are working except they wont light up the lcd backlight.
I have 2 advent, (?) one works, one doesnt.
So I sat them side by side and let the one that works power the one the doesnt lcd backlight and everything works fine. (?)
So it can't be a broken ccfl bulb or inverter, as the inverter came from the laptop that doesnt work.
And i've tested the cable and its fine.
I think I may have shorted something, but surely I couldn't have done this on three machines

There, I cleaned it up to the best of my abilities. Please explain where I put a (?), as I do not understand what you are describing.

Two advent? Sound's like you're a Christian.
How can one laptop power up another one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom