Latitude D505

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigReg11

Beta member
I purchased a latitude d505 with the Hitachi Travelstar Model IC25N040ATMR04-0 which started knocking so I got in touch with the seller and he shipped me a Hitachi with the model number HTS421240H9AT00 and once I put into the hard drive spot, it still says that the hard drive can't be found...any suggestions or anyone can tell me if that new model is compatible with my laptop thanks in advance

Any HDD will work with any computer, as long as it has the correct connections.

What do you mean by "knocking"? It's not booting off of it, or there is no OS?

There is this loud knocking sound when I boot the computer up, it was working fine like 2 days ago..I went on youtube and the next thing I know it's a knocking sound coming from the hard drive area, control alt delete won't bring up the task manager nothing so I manually rebooted it and got the no primary hard disk found...went into the breakdown and in the slot where it supposed to have my primary hard drive there was none so I got the new hard drive today and once I put into the caddy and screwed everything back in, I got the exact same message this time I get the blue screen once the windows xp logo page is done loading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom