A larger screen laptop touch mod... is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rflooring

Beta member
So I am hoping a laptop pro can tell me if this is possible, and if so then how to do it.

I will start out with what I am trying to do. I want a 22" to 24" touch screen and PC system that can run off of internal battery power. It doesn't have to look pretty.

In order to do this, I am thinking that the most straight forward way would be to get a normal laptop, and somehow take the screen off of it and replace it with a larger screen and add a touch kit. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, how would one pull it off? Again, cosmetics don't matter.

Thanks!

Try getting an all-in one PC. Won't have internal power, but i guess you can have a generator...

Or just use a tablet.

So I am hoping a laptop pro can tell me if this is possible, and if so then how to do it.

I will start out with what I am trying to do. I want a 22" to 24" touch screen and PC system that can run off of internal battery power. It doesn't have to look pretty.

In order to do this, I am thinking that the most straight forward way would be to get a normal laptop, and somehow take the screen off of it and replace it with a larger screen and add a touch kit. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, how would one pull it off? Again, cosmetics don't matter.

Thanks!

You'd pretty much have to re-design the casing yourself then, because of such a huge screen upgrade. And you would have to get a laptop with a touch-enabled interface to begin with, otherwise it won't have the right connectors for screen to motherboard. All-in-all, it'd be pretty expensive and not reallyworth it IMO for what you could just buy an AIO or tablet, like MoM said.

If cosmetics don't matter and if size is not an issue you could get a small PC case with a low power CPU system inside.
Add a touchscreen monitor to the outside of the case
Then add a UPS inside the case to power it for a few hours.

It would be big and heavy and it may cost more than just buying a 17" to 21" touchscreen laptop, but it would work.

Could you tell us more about what you need the system for and additional information such as how portable does it need to be and what sort of budget are you looking at etc.

I think it is too much trouble for what he is asking. As I and Carnage said, it's best to get an AIO, or a tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom