Laptops and Vista are incompatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its an intergrated chup? chup i mean chip, and he does have all the nice features turned on like areo and glass, i upgraded on my desktop from 1GB to 2GB a while back, big improvement, also in laptops i think the slower rpm drives contribute to sluggishness as well

Well if the guy's running that proc and is running 1 gig of memory, i'm guessing he's not running an 8600m or anything. Most laptops with dedicated video cards, from what I've seen, tend to come with more then 1 gig of memory.

The 5,4000 RPM hard drives are noticeably slower on Vista when booting up, so that does make a difference.

But the 1gig of memory on his laptop is what's hurting his performance the most.

I bought an Acer laptop 1 month ago. It came with 1g ram and 5400rpm hd and vista preinstalled. It was slow!
Even my wife who thinks computers are all the same told me it was slow. So I installed xp pro.
It now runs much smoother and faster.
IMO, laptops w/vista should have 2g min of ram.

Any laptop that has two DIMM slots can handle up to 4 gigs, providing you have 2x 2 gig sticks.

And providing you're running windows vista 64-bit, since in 32-bit you can't use the full 4 gigs.

4GB on a laptop with a seperate GPU would be awesome for gaming, provdidng it has a core2duo of at least 2Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom