Laptops with long battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike4realz

In Runtime
does anybody know or have laptops with very very very very long battery life that would last way more than 3 hours?

I don't have one, but you will be looking at 'netbooks' or laptops with slow processors and small screens. Usually 15.4'' or smaller. Keep in mind the faster the processor and the larger the screen equates to most power consumption, lessening the battery life.

The Acer Timeline series can last up to 10hrs on power saver mode. Good luck with your work on its 1.6ghz proc though.

most Users who feel they will be away from a Power source for extended times, purchase a (standard) second battery

There is a dude in my engineering lab group that got an Asus for $650 that has a 7 hour battery life. The screen is like 15", and I think it has a centrino processor. As long as you aren't gaming, its a great laptop. Unfortunately, I don't know which one it is.

I just recently received an Acer Timeline. It has 1.3Ghz Proc, 320GB HDD, 3GB RAM and I am running Visual Studio 2008, Virtual PC, Office 07 and many of the Remote Desktop / Active Directory Tools and it works wonderfully. I was working and browsing the internet consistently for 6 hours without plugging my laptop into an outlet. Timeline works great for me. I am also running Windows 7 Enterprise.

My MacBook lasts for around seven hours on the recommended settings (Wi-FI on, Bluetooth on, screen on half brightness, not using the DVD drive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom