Laptops With Good Onboard Microphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobostix

Beta member
Greetings all,

Does anyone know which laptops have the best onboard microphones? That, or could you point me in the direction of a resource that would help answer that question? I've noticed MacBooks have pretty nice onboard mics but they're so darn expensive. Anyone who loves their onboard mic, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance!

Sound cards alone aren't that great on laptops. The reason they can keep the cost low. You can always get an external mic and plug it into your microphone port. That's your better option.

go into a best buy or staples or store like that and spend an hour or so testing them out. I don't think there's a very comprehensive guide that lists best mic's. It's usually the last thing on people's minds, and if it's a big enough issue headsets are a better way to go about dealing with it.

The new Thinkpad X220 is supposed to have noticeably better on board mic's than a Macbook Pro and it's slightly cheaper.

The new Thinkpad X220 is supposed to have noticeably better on board mic's than a Macbook Pro and it's slightly cheaper.
I second that - dual mics on the X220 compared to the Thinkpad X200 and X201.

Hobostix: What will you be using the mic for?

Don't bother with that! buy an external mic, there very good and there cheap as well. Also, my laptop has the worst mic ever! But i think it could be because of the driver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom