Laptop won't start up - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Old 01-07-2016, 04:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Laptop won't start up

Last weekend I accidentally left my Acer Aspire v3-772G on standby overnight while having the charger plugged in (the laptop was closed). Now every time I try to turn it on I just get a black screen.

I already tried taking out the battery, waiting and then hold the power button for 30 seconds or more, but without luck.

When I press on the power button, the power lights turn on, the battery light stays off unless I plug in the charger (then is goes either blue or orange), the HDD light stays of and so does the wireless.

I plugged the HDD into my PC and everything worked fine there. I also took out the RAM and plugged it back in. (now when I press the power button when it's off the lights only go on for a few seconds)

Does anyone have any suggestions of what it could be?
Flinnel is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On