Laptop Won't start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Beta member
Hey all! First post here, lets all goes well...

My Girlfriend came over today looking to install the sims, so we installed the sims (no viruses, has been checked on 3 computers) and after it was installed, the computer froze, no biggie. So she restarted the computer and here is where the problem happened. We can't get the computer to boot up. On the start we get 2 options, which are "Boot normally" Or another option to scan the computer to repair it... Both do not work.

I then tried pressing F8 to start in safe mode and instead found an option to repair whats broken, didn't work. On another boot up i pressed f8 again and this time it said boot to last working config, and again it didn't work. Now, when i started it in safe mode, it loaded until the last load which was \windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys <--- after that, it then pauses and keeps loading which ends up into the blue screen of death that flashes, and then it restarts. My question is, how do i fix this? I am no expert but to me it seems like there is a system file missing...

Btw, some knowledge on the computer. Its a dell, and very clean. No viruses or spyware it is very well kept but this error came up after it was restarted when it froze. All help is appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom