Laptop Won't boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldoldspice

Beta member
Hi,

I have a HP G62 laptop, that a few weeks a go would not boot up. The fan hard drive and eveything else was working but nothing would load just a black screen. (But nothing to do with the display)...

I looked around the net and found out that people have fixed it by draining the battery, power etc. so I did that and great it worked, it was back to normal and everything was working as it should.

However the same thing happened again, and no matter what I tried to do to play around with it by draining the battery, stored up battery?, power supply etc etc nothing worked just the laptop running and nothing happening.

So, I found out that yeah its the same problem most laptops have and same with the eg: ps3? Or that the fan could be blocked off. I opened it up cleaned the fan up, and cleaned and resat the heatsink and everything, new thermal compound and everything. Put it back together and ... NOTHING! lol nothing happened it didn't even get worse. Same as before everything is working but it won't load up.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance

Don't automatically run to power... if the fan, hard drive and such is working but no display then check your display. Next check your RAM, make sure it's secure and functional. Then go down the list for other things.

I have tried running it without hard drive, or cd/dvd drive. I have also tried powering it with another power supply and battery (from another G62 laptop). I have checked everything and taken everthing out and put it back together. I have done the whole re doing the heat sink, graphics card etc. and I can tell its not the display either. I don't know what to do. Also I have cleaned the fan out.

I checked the RAM and its tight, nothing is loose... tried takiong them out one at a time switching etc. nothing.

(BTW just in case I am going to say it here again I got it to work once a few weeks ago by doing a "hard reset"...byt after that nothing)

Well, HP laptops are known to fail after warranty ends. I think all you are doing is giving it CPR, to let it live for a while longer, but in the end, it shall die.

all signs point to a power issue if you drained the battery et al once and it worked for you, do you get any POST start up noises etc? taken out everything but the base components for the machine to run?

i assume you already tryed start it up with only 1 of the memory slots at a time? a defective memory could affect you but chances its something not worth fixing as you took all basic out according to what you sayed and whats left is integrated in motherboard... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom