Laptop wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

In Runtime
I am gonna buy this laptop for gaming (EQ2). I want it to have wireless network. Do I have to buy a wireless network card to add to it? Here is the laptop and the wireless card.

Newegg.com - ASUS F3 Series F3SV-X1 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T7300(2.00GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 1GB DDR2 667 160GB 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS - Retail
Newegg.com - EDIMAX EW-7128G IEEE 802.11b/g PCI Wireless Card Up to 54Mbps Data Rates 64/128-Bit WEP, 802.1x, WPA, AES - Retail

Will that card even fit in a laptop?

you just need a b/g router if you want to use N speeds then you will need the router and buy a usb stick. For future notice the two main ways to plug adapters and add-ons to laptops is the PCMIA port and usb :D

Compared to the GT, the GS is considerably underpowered. The GS is a mid-range card. The GT performs about 1.8x better in benchmarks.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it sucks. The GS is a good mid-range card. It's just if you are looking for a gaming notebook and you have a choice between a GS and a GT, you want to go with the GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom