Laptop through TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
my dad has a few films on his laptop which hes downloaded via film 4 (its leagl and free but the films are old) anyway we've used a VGA cable to connect the laptop to the TV which is fine then used pc speakers for the sound, the problem is the screen dosn't stretch right across the TV,

it seems to be stuck pernamently on a 14:9 size, the GFX supports pretty high resolutions and ive read that 32" TVs us less than a 1440x900 resolution

can anyone suggest the perfect resolution for a 32" LCD TV and the correct colour depth, ive tried using my system but the same problem occurs, help would be cool.

I believe the optimal resolution for 32" TVs are 1366 x 768. And that's the only resolution, you'll get a clear picture, as that's it's native resolution.

thanks for the uber quick reply, and will that cover the whole screen not just an area in the middle?

I have a 32" TV as well, and when set to 1366 x 768, it takes up the whole screen.

kl thanks, my mum and dad are watching a film on it now so i doubt they'll let me fiddle with it :(

EDIT: i tried it but when i adjusted the resolution it seemed to have no effect what so ever on the TV, it was on the correct monitor BTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom