Laptop Temps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital_Jedi

In Runtime
So I have a Compaq Presario CQ60 Laptop. I got it a year or so ago because my other one crapped out on me several times and I just got tired of fixing it. I choose this laptop because it fit all my requirements in a PC... mostly... I did upgrade the RAM to 3GB. It has a AMD Athlon X2 QL-62 Processor. At idle with a cooling pad the cores run at around 46C to 56C. The GPU is a nvidia 8200M (not really the best but better than onboard graphics) and at idle it runs around 57C to 62C. I am using CUPID to monitor temps. I really didn't need a super powerful laptop because I use my desktop for most games and and photoshop stuff. I normally just use the laptop for movies, music, internet, ect... but I do play some games on it. After just 10min of running the emerald client for second life, CPU core temps shot up to 88C or so and I had GPU temps max out at 97C and I was was running it on really low settings and resolution and also using a cooling pad with 2 fans blowing air. I clean and blow out my laptop every month to keep dust build up down. OS is windows 7 32-bit. I really dont like the temps i saw after a short time period. Any thing I can do to help the temps? Are they normal for the hardware? (desktops are so much easier to deal with... lol) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom