Laptop suggestions anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lag1tup

Beta member
My sister needs a new laptop...plain and simple. Her old toshiba satelite runs windows ME and 32mb of ram. For her new laptop, she wants something that costs less than $1000, will last for a good amount of time (years), and she plans to use it for office purposes (multimedia capabilities are a major plus!). She also wants something that is environmentaly friendly, and reliable (as in, after the apocalypse comes you press the power button and it turns on again :) ) I have my eye on ASUS, as they have served me well (my desktop is built on an m2n-sli deluxe), and they have a set of envrionmental criteria that they tell you whether certain models meet or not on the "green" part of their website. My only concern is that they are not very well known here in the US, and therefore they havn't been rated by any of the big players like Consumer Reports. Any suggestions?
Thanks all in advance!!!
-lag1tup

Asus and MSI are great imo. I've built several of each and they're very high quality. Built solidly, too. They do tend tend to cost a bit more than the typical HP or Dell laptop but are well worth it in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom