Laptop suddenly going dead

slacky1230

Solid State Member
Hey guys

My laptops been having a problem for a while it's keep suddenly going dead, no shut down just dead but then will turn back on fine. It happens when it's being moved could be anything from putting it down from your lap or just move your leg slightly and it'll happen. This doesn't happen all the time but a good few times.

My thoughts are some things shorting out, it can happen when both on charge and not on charge. It's a Sony vio if any one needs to know.

Cheers

Sounds like something is shorting out to me as well.

You'd probably have to tear it down to the board and remove it from the case.

Can you press down on any particular spot (e.g. left or right side, a specific corner or spot, etc.)? If so, then you could at least partially tear it down and see what could be shorting out in that location.

I had a similar problem with my HP laptop. It would turn off suddenly, then i had to wait like 20 minutes before turning it on again. I came to realize that overheating was the cause of this, since the fan had a problem.

It could be due to overheating, but let us know what you discover

A lot of laptop problems come from overheating, but if it's happening when you are moving it (not after you set it down), it's likely either a short/bad connection or problems with the hard drive. Have you seen any data loss?

I think problem came from battery. battery is not fixed well.
Check this
You can check it few days. remove battery from laptop and use it only power cable.
Then you can find out the problem.

Took it apart had a look around didn't see anything to cause concern. No data loss literally just goes dead then press the power button comes straight back on

Back
Top Bottom