Which laptop should I get?

Typer

Solid State Member
Hi, I need a temporary laptop and after looking around these are the best options I could find for my needs and price range. My main concern is what's best for gaming. I don't expect to run Crysis but they should work for my on-the-go gaming needs. Any info would be great, thanks.

Hp Elitebook 8440p intel HD graphics

Toshiba Satellite C55 B5300

Last edited:
So the HP's i5 and GPU isn't on par? I was hoping it'd be better, I really prefer its keyboard, but if not then I'll take the Toshiba. I also heard that W8 eats more resources than W7, so would that count for anything in favor of the HP?

Don't believe everything you hear ;).

Sorry to bring this up again, but...

I was about to get the newer Satelite when I decided to check Ebay for better prices and stumbled on some other Satelites. I found some older models with W7/XP (which I really prefer) and they seem to have good specs, though they're older.

TOSHIBA SATELITE A665 | core i3 2.4Ghz | 4Gb | 500Gb. Not sure about the GPU but I think it has 1G memory if it's the right model, idk tho...

Toshiba Satelite P745-S4320 | core i5 2.4Ghz gen 2 | 6Gb | 640Gb. Again not sure about the card.

If the GPU's are better I'll definitely go with one. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Ok, well, I decided to drop the A665 and compare the C55 and P745. What limited info I could get about the C55 lead me to believe it uses a "Bay Trail" GPU, which is essentially a lower-end Ivy, aka not very good. The P745 was much easier to figure out. It has Intel 3000, several grades above Bay Trail, so it's the obvious choice for me.

Now I just cross my fingers and hope nobody else snags it :)

Back
Top Bottom