Laptop Self Shutting Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenDolly

Beta member
Hey guys,
I'm new here but I have some tec problems & was wondering if you could help me out.

My Sony Vaio laptop has been acting up. Every time I plug in the AC charger, while the laptop is on, it shuts down within seconds. So I can't charge my laptop and be on it at the same time. But I can charge it while the computer is off, then unplug the AC, turn it on and it'll last for about 30mins before it dies out again.

Please help tell me whats wrong. I'm not good at computers.

It's possible that there's a short in either the charger, or the charging port on the laptop.
I would first check to see if you can borrow a cord from somebody that has a similar model and see if it works fine that way.

You could also try checking your temps (Use this: CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting) while your computer is on and see if the temps are high. But I'm leaning towards something wrong with the charger or port.

Also, is the charger able to wiggle around when it's plugged into the laptop? Or does it plug in firmly and not move?

You could also try using a digital multimeter and test what your charger is outputting for voltage/amperage. If you don't have a multimeter, you could take it down to a local computer or electronics shop and ask if they could measure the voltage/amperage output and compare it to what the label says its supposed to output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom