Laptop Screen Flickers and goes black

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-rock

In Runtime
Hi,

My laptop screen keeps flickering after I log into Windows. It will flicker black and eventually just go black. I can see very faintly what is going on. I can then open and close it a few times, or connect it to a monitor and disconnect it to fix it. Its just really annoying to have to go through this each time I need to use my laptop. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

If you can still see images on the screen then your backlight is the problem. It may be fixable. What is the make and model of your laptop?

The strange thing is that once it stop doing that it stays on and is fine until I close the lid or reboot.

Toshiba satellite e105, running windows 7

Yeah... if it stays on then the connection is loose, or has a short in it. You can remove the screen and try reseating the cable.

So, I couldn't find any loose connections when I opened up the computer...

I have figured out that when I press the windows key and P I can change if it is connected to a projector or not. When I do that until its on the computer monitor only then it works. I did start noticing this problem not too long after i connected my laptop to my tv. It seems like it thinks it is still connected to another device. Is there a way to reset those settings so it will stop doing this.

So I think the problem is the laptop thinks its connected to a projector. When I connect it to a my TV for a minute then disconnect it from the TV and its fine. Do you have any idea how to fix the setting that may be causing the computer to think its connected to a projector all the time?

Just tried that by right clicking and going to screen resolution. It works until I close it and open it back up then I have the same issue. For some reason it is convinced every time I open it that it is connected to my TV.

for your LCD, does it say in there "This is currently your main display"?

It might be telling the system that your LCD is turning off, so default to something else. (external TV connector)

Maybe never close it? :lol:

IDK, never came across a problem like this.

Do you have the latest gfx drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom