Laptop running a little hot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raknor

In Runtime
Just curious what is the idle core temp usually for centrino duo's i just got a vaio 2ghz duo i think the t7300 or something like that but when i ran core temp its tellin me that its idlin at 58 C... my desktop idles at 23C....should i be worried? then again core temp could be in error. What do you all think?

That is a normal temp... The space in a lappy is not what it is in a desktop, so there will be a rise in temps, no matter how good they say the cooling is, but the CPU will handle it no problem.

Thanks this raises another question though, is core temp accurate? atm its saying that my proc is running at 1.1ghz when the factory specs are 2.0 ghz (its a core 2 duo with 2 gig ram 200hd 8400gt 512mb HD screen and Blu ray.) On the other hand speed fan gives totally different temp readings (lower), while the readings dont change on a momemt by moment basis. Which is acurate? or is either one... normally i swear by core temp but now i'm not so sure.

Mobile processors often throttle down (both clock speed and voltage) to save battery power, reduce heat, and lower the noise from the fan. You can usually tell whether a temperature is accurate by how outrageous it seems. For instance, on my desktop, I have one core reporting 37C and another core reporting 7C. So the 7C is obviously inaccurate.

My AMD Turion X2 regularly runs anywhere from 45C to 65C depending on outside temperature and system load.

my Turion x2 is stock 1.6, but when I'm just doing internet stuff with virus software up, it runs at around 600MHz according to CPU-Z. and yeah its just so it really uses the least amount of power possible so it doesn't overheat and shorten the life span of it.

also if you are worried about your temps just go out and buy some canned air and blast the fan, that or take apart the laptop, and clean out the fan and heatsink. just be careful that you don't do anything that would void warrenty's if you have one, and also be careful that you keep all the screws in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom