Laptop running hot, tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

In Runtime
I have no more money to spend, any home made tips on how to keep the laptop cool?
It was running at 83C(CPU) just browsing the internet.

All I did was put a book on the rear end of it...to elevate it, but then someone claimed "That can break it if its elevated at a angle for to long".
So I took it off.

Any tips?

I put arctic silver 5 on my processor, and I elevate it with a plastic hook-like thing that's made to be stuck to walls and be used as a coat hanger.

Keeps it running fairly cool even when I'm playing Left 4 Dead.

I put arctic silver 5 on my processor, and I elevate it with a plastic hook-like thing that's made to be stuck to walls and be used as a coat hanger.

Keeps it running fairly cool even when I'm playing Left 4 Dead.

So its okay to elevate the back just a bit?

I don't see no reason why not, but I have a thinkpad and they tend to be built very well.
But in reality, unless there are fans on the bottom of your laptop, elevating it won't make too much of a difference.

I don't see no reason why not, but I have a thinkpad and they tend to be built very well.
But in reality, unless there are fans on the bottom of your laptop, elevating it won't make too much of a difference.
Think it went down to 66C with the book on the back, pretty sure the fans are on the bottom.

Just watch out what you are using it on. My laptop (HP Pavilion zd8000) gets EXTREMELY hot when playing games. So i have to play on flat hard surfaces when playing video games, but when browsing the Internet or word processing i can have it on my lap or the carpet.

Couple things i've done, ensure that all your fans do work, ensure they are clean, and you can do what someone already posted - they sell these covers that go on the bottom of your laptop that have multiple big fans to increase air speed and reduce temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom