Laptop for Revit, 3ds,V-Ray and rhino? Help a student?
Hello all! I am a 3rd year interior architecture student. I'd like to get a laptop powerful enough to model and render. I already have a pretty powerful desktop but I will be studying abroad next year and even tho the university abroad has computers, I would still prefer to work on my own computer. It doesn't necessarily need to render fast it just needs to be able to actually do it.
I have been reading and asking around and the consensus on my options are Asus, Lenovo, Dell (M6500 or an xps) and MacbookPRO. I am a mac person but if in this case its a better idea to go for one of the others then I will. I tried going to the ASUS site and immediately got lost and overwhelmed. There are SO many options I have no idea what would be my best bet. Also can you give me the cheapest option along with the best option? Just in case I can't afford the best option I'd like to know how much I can take out. Help?
1. What is your budget?
$1, 000-$2, 000 although the less the better of course
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15" and up
3. What screen resolution do you want?
don't really care
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
.........huh? sorry, again, not very great with computers other than architecture stuff.
5. How much battery life do you need?
a bit more than 2 hours for sure
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Adobe products. Modelling on Revit, Rhino, 3dsmax and sketchup. Rendering on Revit, V-Ray and 3ds
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible? This is another reason why I like Macs, I've had my Macbook PRO for 5 1/2 years and have had NO problems with it and still runs perfect. So yeah, I'd like my new laptop to be around for quite awhile.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Don't really have a preference.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Dell (I don't LOVE dells but I have to admit it has a lot to do with how they look physically and that is not really as important as how good it works, so again, very open to options.)
13. What country do you live in?
Kansas, USA (Puerto Rico is home so I live there during holidays so I might get it sent there since Summer is almost here)