laptop recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsKay

Beta member
Hi. I'm trying to find a suitable laptop for myself, but I'm kind of not a computer expert, so i'm not sure what kind of laptop to buy, what brand and with what processor.

I'm not much of a gamer, i play light online games like Maplestory, Audition, DOMO, things like that.

I'm also into using Photoshop Sony vegas, Autodesk Inventor.
Also Id like to be able to burn CDs and DVDs, also be able to watch DVDs.

I'd like to have a atleast 100GB HD and I'm wondering how much RAM do I need. Is a 2gb ram enough? also i've heard that XP only is capable with a 3.5gb ram? so if I get a 4 gb ram, i'd need vista?

As the processor, is a duo core good, or do i go up to a quad core?

Anyone got any Laptop suggestions, such as model, brand or more specifically, what laptop should I buy?

also my price limit is about $700.
-thanks.

Alright i would suggest a Core 2 Duo CPU. It will serve you the best with the Photoshop stuff you want to do. It will also serve you well in games that you do run.

It isnt that XP can run only 3.5GB of RAM. It is 32 Bit Operating Systems. Also known as x86. There is a limitation with them. All explained here:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/difference-between-32-bit-x86-64-bit-x64-171390/#post1349279

Plus most places dont even carry XP anymore since it is no longer to be sold by OEM (Original Euqipment manufacturer's) anymore as of July 1, 2008. So most likely you will have to get Vista pre-installed. I would check to make sure that the stuff you want to run is 64 Bit compatible as Vista 64 Bit would be the way to go.

As for the RAM. 2GB with Vista is just fine. 4GB would be better for the extensive stuff that you will run. Vegas, Photoshop and that are really heavy apps.

I would look at a Dell, HP or Asus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom