Laptop Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxHyacinthexX

Solid State Member
Hello, I am new to this forum, but I hope to become a part of the community, and to learn a lot of new things about computers, as it is one of my interests, and I know a little bit about them already.

Anyways, as of now, I have a simple question. I own a laptop computer, bought it a few days ago. I was just wondering if it would be good for the computer if I use it 7-12 hours daily, each day, doing various things, such as playing games, (world of warcraft) (Rome Total War) and things of that nature. I heard that it is generally not good for a laptop to be on all the time, as it is not meant to do so, that is what desktops are for. I was just wondering if I were to use a laptop in this type of condition, will it send it to an early grave, or harm it in anyway?

Today I played WoW for eight hours today, and my laptop has been running for around eleven hours, in fairly hot temperatures. In case anyone asks, no I am not trying to break my computer, this is just what I need my computer to be able to do.

I did not purchase a Desktop computer, as I have no room for it, and I am generally never home. Anyways, thanks in advance for your answers, I am looking forward to reading them. Thanks again.

Welcome to TF, XxHyacinthexX!

What laptop do you have? Model number.

Laptops are meant to be hot. Their small compacted space does not allow much airflow. What kind of temps are you getting while gaming? Use CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting and run it while you are gaming.

Laptops can be on for a prolonged time. When on power all day, it is recommended to take out the battery.

My room temperature is 90 degrees. If I had to guess the laptop temperature, I would assume 130 degrees. I will download the program, and give you an accurate reading later, as I do not have access to the laptop for the time being.

Also, Acer computers are awesome, and are generally the brand I buy, but this time, I could not find an Acer, that met the standards I required.

I've had a few laptops before, but got rid of them, as other problems occurred, that I just did not want to fix. Generally I use computers a good chunk of time, 7-12 hours, and I have a friend that runs his all day long, and he has had no problems with his new laptop. But his old one, after three or four years, the screen broke, the charger broke, and it overheated a lot.... Anyways, thanks for your answers I appreciate them, I hope the information I gave is sufficient.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom