Laptop Not Starting Up Properly

machineman

Beta member
Hey all,

Long story short, my HP laptop (of 3 or so years) has now bitten the dust. It's had blue screen of death a couple times, it's been running slowly for a while so i guess it just gave up. When i press the power button it make a very quiet noise, the power button lights up and the caps lock light, lights up and flashes but nothing else.

I'm looking to buy this laptop:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HR6U4F6/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers#productDetails

There are a lot of things on my HP laptop that i really need to get off it. Does anyone know how i can do that?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sam

Remove the HDD from it, and get a 2.5" SATA hard drive caddy. Then you can put it in there, and plug it into that laptop (or another computer) via USB and copy data (as long as it's not the HDD that's bad).

Remove the HDD from it, and get a 2.5" SATA hard drive caddy. Then you can put it in there, and plug it into that laptop (or another computer) via USB and copy data (as long as it's not the HDD that's bad).

Ah fantastic, that'd work. I'm really hoping it's not the HD that's faulty or i'm going to cry!

Thanks carnage. I'll have a look into a HD caddy.

Do what Chase said to get your data off, and that's not a bad laptop and I have seen Lenovo's on offer towards month end on Amazon UK, especialy if you add them to your wish list and it's dispatched by Amazon.

Oh and:

Icy Box IB-111StUS2-Wh Docking station - Scan.co.uk

I have been using that for 6 months and love it, takes 2.5 an 3.5 drives, and reliable.

Thank Kharn, i was just about to ask for recommendations. Good job i got paid yesterday! :D

No problem, if you live local to them take a trip to the store it's a mind blowing experience think Tesco but just electronics.

Back
Top Bottom