Laptop not picking up router

Torran

Beta member
Posting this on behalf of a friend

My friend's internet has been a bit dodgy recently..
Their old router died so they replaced it with an even older one.
Ever since then, her internet connection on laptop has been pretty much hit and miss..

Sometimes (although very rarely) it will also happen to one other laptop in the house..
But that is not the case this time, after several resets (or restarts, whatever you wanna call it) of the router, all laptops, xboxs, computers, ipods, phones, etc, in the house have a connection.. except for hers.

This is not a case of limited connectivity like it usually is, but instead her laptop is failing to see the router at all.
I have told her some steps like restarting laptop, turning off the WLAN for a bit, etc, but it's still the same.
I also suggested she manually connect to the router, but that didnt work either.

Her laptop does pickup a few routers, but she says it is nowhere near to how many it usually picks up.
So does anyone have any idea why its suddenly decided to do this, and anyway of fixing it?

She (for some bizarre reason) is not allowed to use the ethernet cable as it is used in her dad's xbox (but hes not even home during day)

Any help would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom