laptop lcd problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default laptop lcd problem

I baught a used gateway 1450 solo today that works perfectly except the LCD screen does't display anything.

I can tell that the screen lights up but just displays a dim black screen.

I plugged up my CRT monitor and changed the resolution to a lower setting but to no avail. Laptops aren't my cup of tea so I'm not sure how to touble shoot this.

Now, I was wondering if there would be any possible solutions to fixing the LCD without purchasing a replacement screen.

Any replies are greatly apreciated

Old 05-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: laptop lcd problem

Well you can check to make sure the cable in the laptop is connected from the LCD to the mobo. Other than that maybe driver??

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 05-10-2008, 11:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Default Re: laptop lcd problem

Does the screen display anything when you first turn the PC on (BIOS, logo screen, anything?) If it does, it's an OS issue causing the screen not to work.

If it doesn't show ANYTHING (turns on, but no image), then it's probably a disconnected/loose cable. You'll have to take the case apart and find where the LCD panel connects to the mainboard or graphics card (some laptops have a separate board for graphics, some don't).

Closed Thread